Wednesday, November 7, 2007

working on new designs, new blog for D4A ...

Tampere fair is coming close so started working on new designs..a lot of simple designs that would be perfect for holiday gifts:) First time after starting Kuukivi, I am working with Swarovski and Austrian crystals. I had a decent collection of beautiful Swarovski briolettes and Austrian crystals in various pendant shapes. These would be perfect for the 'Simple Pleasures" . I hope I will have enough time to get them photographed before the show.

Now that Kuukivi and I are with Designers4Africa, decided to go an extra mile than just donate 4 pieces of jewelry for auctions to raise money for the non-profit organizations. I contacted a couple of amazing jewelry designers Nicole (www.nicolekidd.com) and Shama (www.shamadesignerscollection.com)and both of them loved to join D4A.

I also offered to start a blog and help with blogging for D4A and April responded saying I am now the official blogger for D4A. hahahaha...well, today started a new blog for D4A (http://designers4africablog.blogspot.com). check it out. Added a heartwarming story by April how she met Jolly Okot and the softer side of her. Planning on interviewing/talkign with a few amazing people who are working directly or indirectly with D4A thru non-profit organizations in the next few days...

No comments: