Thursday, December 13, 2007

holiday mood

I am in holiday mood already and its another 10 days away!!. In Finland, Santa doesn't come in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve. He comes home in the evening before the kids sleep and for some reason dads or uncles are always missing when Santa comes:) and give the gifts in person to everyone!!.


Usually in the trunk shows, I always have a problem of displaying the earring especially. For the open studio at home, I tried something new. Not sure if I will be able to do it for other trunk shows but here, it worked out good. Since our backyard is full of trees that are dormant for the winter, I cut a couple of small branches and put them in pinfrogs (that i use for my Ikebana arrangements) and hang the earrings in their sleeves. Not sure if you can see it clearly from the picture but it was like a nice earring tree - all naturale:)


Here's one of the designs that is not on the website because of photography screwup but became quite popular in Finland. Five Smokey quartz marquees handwrapped. The center one is in a Sterling silver Rhombus connected to the chain with a smokey quartz roundelle. I have the same design with Carnelian marquees as well but this one has got more attention than the other one.


No comments: